1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

cant feel it at all

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by 72turbo6, May 23, 2007.

1. 72turbo6

hey guys im having a problem on my turbo six i have a td05 12b turbo and somebody welded the accuator on it i think they welded it so it could achieve full boost im not running a external wastegate or a bov.... my problem is i have rode in cars with 10psi of bost and it puts me in the seat now am i not feeling it because the car weighs 4300 pounds (72 duster) or is it not geting any boost..... have a boost gauge just having hooked it up yet

2. rdakota340

72 duster weighs 4300 holy mackral!!u should feel some pull nodought!!

3. Anthony Fury

1. Are you sure your slant 6 Duster weighs 4300lbs? Does it have a cage? Or Moonshine running equipment? Or both?
    2. Running a turbo on a gasoline motor without a working wastegate is a really bad idea.
    3. Other than that - yeah, you should hear it wind up and shove you back in your seat (at least a couple of times, before the whole show explodes), so +2 for hooking up a boost gauge. Also check both cold and hot side for leaks.

4. Lucky13

I have never seen a Duster that weighs that much. 3400 maybe. Sounds like your turbo is bad. Hook the boost gauge up & see what you have. But IMHO, if it was making boost, you would know it.

Jess

5. 72turbo6

TOOK THE PVC INTAKE OFF THE FRONT OF THE TURBO NOW IT BOOSTS

6. rdakota340

alright!! :2thumbs:

7. 72turbo6

now its broke i think i put a hole in a piston al it does is smoke and blw oil out of the turbo and it sounds like its missing

8. poofta

Dang, that didn't take long!! what happened?

bridal-shoal