1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Oil drain ?

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by 1hcam, Oct 3, 2012.

1. 1hcam

Is this bend in my oil drain going to be to ok? I was debating on putting a 90' fitting at the oil pan so the hose would be a straight shot, but I don't know which one would be worse. Pics arent the best but hopefully you get the idea. Any thoughts?

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. Gen1SVE

The further down the 90 the better. I'd put one off the current bung then attach the hose. As long as the bung is above the oil level you will be fine. I have a 90 off my pan, no issues.

3. stangman9897

The way your hose is now is not perfect but it will drain better that putting a 90 on the pan , the fitting is a sharp turn 90* and the hose is a longer radius.

4. 1hcam

I dont like the way it turned out. I was thinking maybe making a 90' hard line that had some radius to it. Kind of meet it in the middle here. Just thinking out loud.

5. Gen1SVE

A 90 on the pan is going to act like an extention of the pan, and you will be able to run the hose almost vertical vs a lazy drain the entire way.

I have a 90 out of the pan on one setup and a 45 out of the pan on the other no issues. I understand the reasoning behind a smooth transition vs a sharp bend. I rather have a steep decent and a sharp bend vs a smooth gradual slope. JMO.

6. maverick75

my buddie ran one similar and he had no issues