1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Twin turbo small block + nitrous?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Dakoda D Cooper, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Dakoda D Cooper

Got a balanced 350 small block compression ratio is 9.28 to 1 forged pistons lt1 x rods and forged crank with arp studs and bolts all around I'm going to be running twin gt45 92mm turbos with methanol injection and hopefully a 50/100 shot of nitrous to spool the turbos,

My question is what would be the max psi I could run on 92 octane,

And the max boost I could run on race fuel or alcohol (for when I go to the drag strip),

Another question is can I run with no intercooler if I cut out the hood and have the intakes be outside the engine bay, or if it'd be safer to get intercoolers, the engine is going in an old chevy luv that will mainly be for race only and rare street use to go to car shows, if I could get advice it'd help a lot, thanks

2. M&M Turbochargers

do you have a link for the turbos??

3. Dakoda D Cooper

4. M&M Turbochargers

5. Dakoda D Cooper

Should be able to spool fast with nitrous only things I need to find is the "right" wastegates blow off valve(s) and intercooler (s) thats cheap and reliable, been looking at a 7.3 powerstroke intercooler but have no clue what the "best" parts to buy would be as I have no clue on proper blow off valve sizes, if I could get some advice on blow off valve sizes and the best size for the bov sound that I really enjoy it'd be great

6. M&M Turbochargers

7. Twin Turbo Skylark

HI there,

In my opinion it is a good idea to look into using smaller turbos and not bother with the nitrous. I have a simple Buick 350 that has two tiny T3/t4 turbos and it spools instantly and makes great power. Sure I could get more power with larger turbos but the low rpm performance is awesome so I am happy.