1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Who makes ON3 Turbos?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by midnightlaundry, Sep 29, 2015.

1. midnightlaundry

Are these made in China? They have a 67mm Ball Bearing piece that I'm looking at. What's the power potential on a 302 motah?

2. turbomalibuwagon

China. power depends on pressure ratio and what it makes NA. Most 67 will get you to 500-600 depending on brand and turbine.

3. TURBO-D MIKE

The turbine side will be the main factor on the HP. Some of the new Garrett and PTE models with the bigger turbines will make 1000hp at the crank

4. M&M Turbochargers

they say a factory 302 block will only hold about 450-500 hp maybe you have aftermarket block???

5. midnightlaundry

How many Turbo plants are there in China? I assume it's the same place that makes huffers for sellers like CXRACING?

6. TURBO-D MIKE

Parts come out of China, Japan, Malaysia, Korea, ect.

7. blown385

10 year olds .

8. midnightlaundry

? Wha?

9. blown385

you know , thats the age of the Chinese children when they start on the ON3 assembly line.

10. midnightlaundry

Thnaks for your contribution. The online community embraces your knowledge and willingness to help others in need. :2thumbs:

11. H.P.Ranch

Yes / More than a stock 302 will take. 1.head gaskets blow 2.Stock head deck to thin 3. Must use studs not arp bolts 4. Block cracks 5. Ball bearing not needed...$$$$$ 6.When you see bubbles in the overflow tank remember you heard it here first.

12. midnightlaundry

Fair warning!

I've read the stock block chronicles. I wonder if an engine with high miles is better for life on boost? It seems there's plenty if people making 500+ to the wheels. That seems like a good benchmark if it would live. I suppose the lower you spin it would help.

13. H.P.Ranch

Only because of ring gap being wider. Stock 302 with a true 500 to the wheels is hard to swallow. Have a true ford diehard neighbor had all of the above problems with his foxbody ended up taking turbo off. I offered to give him a LS 5.3 if he would put it in and quit having all of the problems he had. He declined and now is N/A.

14. midnightlaundry

What about a new rebuild? What would you gap the rings at?

How about 500 to the crank/415 to the wheels on a 5-speed? 500 is a good number I'd like to have.

I plan on bigger heads with a Systemax II intake. Everyone says use the stock cam, so I will.

15. H.P.Ranch

.024-.026 aftermarket heads with thicker deck and studs 10 lbs of boost and it should live with conservative timing.

16. midnightlaundry

But back on point, On3 sells the same Turbos as CXRACING?

17. blown385

Dont buy a piece of shit ON3 turbo !!!!!

Does that help ????

Dont come crying to me when your Chinese turbo fails and takes your motor with it .

It blows me away that this is where people chose to try and save money .

Keep supporting China , it needs you more than ever right now

18. Hemann

Thanks. Reminds me of old times when it was more exciting here.

19. ashford

on3 is a step above recycled wok's though

20. TURBO-D MIKE

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^