1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

twin turbo oil feed on 454

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 71boosted, Jun 18, 2015.

1. 71boosted

So I've done some searching and maybe I'm just confusing myself now. Where is the best point in which to feed oil from?

I've read the front ports on the block driver side? Also read above the fuel filter? Where are you all feeding yours from? I belive the block is a Gen IV? Blow thru.

Feed lines off the tee need to be equal length correct? I have the drains lined out. Almost everything. Before I head into work and have some lines made just need to find the correct supply port and go from there. That dictates what size I need to run. I presume -4 to the turbos no restrictors and depending on initial supply port a -6 to the tee.

Thanks in advance. I'll post pics of the engine bay shortly 20150323_130118.jpg #ad

20150323_130118.jpg #ad

2. M&M Turbochargers

above the oil filter ,,,no4 feed and at least a no10 drain

might double check using the front ports to see if that might take oil away from the cam, I hear bbc's are notorious for poor cam oiling

3. 71boosted

Do you have pics? I have -10an for both drains. I plan to tee -4 to both turbos. I will run a -6 to the tee from the oil filter plug since the oil feed lines will be pretty long all together. Thanks for the response

4. M&M Turbochargers

i don't have any pics sorry ,, on our sbc we put a tee under the oil pressure sending unit and have no troubles,, we run a std press. high volume oil pump,,,hope this helps

we haven't turbo a bbc so maybe things are different but wouldn't think so

5. 71boosted

I wouldn't imagine it being different. I'll order the fitting and go from there. Are you still running the pressure sending unit from that same spot as the oil feed?

6. M&M Turbochargers

yes we are

7. pavementpounder

Above the oilfilter is what I use to, but front driversside is ok to.
    I also like to go with the flow, instead of using a T I would sugest to use a Y to feed the turbos.
    And also -4AN suply and -10AN drain.

8. 71boosted

Where do you grab the y fitting? What npt size goes to the block?

9. pavementpounder

There are 2 holes and there might be some size differences between Gen 4-5 and 6
    Usally 1/8 NPT to -4 AN

And becouse I live in Netherland I hve to order most parts trough Ebay, ussaly in the USA or China.

10. 71boosted

I'm ordering my npt fittings today. Once they all come in I'll update and throw up a build page

11. 71boosted

My 1/8 npt 90 doesn't fit into the block above the oil filter. I may need to get a reducer plug for the large hole. Looks like 1/2. I'm confused to high hell. I have all hoses made at work. Unfortunately they were made with npt ends. I'll go thru the 45 fittings. They have some in stock that have npt to an

- - - Updated - - -

Only malfunction is getting the main npt fittings into the block.

12. M&M Turbochargers

bummer dude,, keep at it,, you'll get it:thumbsup:

13. 71boosted

Already ordered. 1/4 to 1/8 fitting

14. 71boosted

So the fitting came in. i ordered a 1/4 male-1/8 female...well it didnt fit. i attempted to thread into the smaller rear port and it seemed literally a fraction too large.

Went to local parts store and test fitted it on the chart and ordered the next smaller size. i plan to test that next plug. the larger port i will just throw in a plug.

hopefully i can get this knocked out unless someon can chime in with the exact part they rocked. since the 1/8 male 90 i have is a tad small and the dam 1/4 adapter is a smidge too large... :bang::bang::bang:

15. leeperryracing

I feed my twins from that 1/8 port above the timing chain cover....sbc though

16. 71boosted

No oiling issues or anything of the sort? Do you have pics?

17. 71boosted

Nevermind. Just seen the sbc

18. leeperryracing

no issues at all, been oiling from there well over a year now

19. 71boosted

Not sure if that will still allow the same for bbc

20. 71boosted

Ok. So I think I may have found what was needed. This the port all the big block guys are feeding off of? As far as turbo feed?

From what I seen and research, the larger 3/8 diameter port is the outlet port.

If not please feel free to adjust my knowledge.

BBC_OilCooler1sm.jpg #ad

454_MarkIV_Oil_Gallery_01.jpg #ad

BBC_OilCooler1sm.jpg #ad

454_MarkIV_Oil_Gallery_01.jpg #ad