1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Twin turbo Malibu wagon-version 2.0

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by pdqwagon, Feb 27, 2016.

1. pdqwagon

Have not posted in a while, been dealing with drivetrain issues. Car has been a blast and faster than I ever expected. But now I think it's time for a few changes. Going to change entire hot side, cold side, carb, and turbos. Also will be making a new core support to open up some space up front. Going to be fun and I'm guessing will add a few more ponies in the process.

image.png #ad

image.png #ad

image.png #ad

2. 80superbu

Following. Staying with the BBC? I will be watching your core support build as I need to make one for my Malibu

3. pdqwagon

Yes, BBC for now. Would like to switch to ls but engine has been bulletproof so far. If it ever goes I might switch or just stay BBC. It has proven itself. Has not been apart since 2008.

4. flyinhillbilly

Oh yeah, in for this one.

5. M&M Turbochargers

what size are the master power turbos ? how did they work on the big block??

6. malibuguy

7. pdqwagon

They are t70 with .96 p trim exhaust wheel. They worked great!! Unfortunately I never used them to their full potential. Every time I try to turn up the boost I would break something in the drivetrain. Lol I hate to take them off but they are in need of a rebuild so I decided to change things up a bit.

8. pdqwagon

This was one of the drivetrain issues i was referring to. Destroyed a lot of stuff when it chucked the pinion support. When this happened i upgraded to 40 spline gun drilled axles with star flange. Also all moser center with billet yoke. Should be ok now.
    http://youtu.be/AWlWxIsIQ7k

9. flyinhillbilly

BEWM!!!!!!

10. 80superbu

Was that a stock 9" that grenaded?

11. pdqwagon

12. pdqwagon

Took one last pic before I tore it down. This was a great setup, I hope the new one is going to be better.

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

13. pdqwagon

Got the hot and cold sides off and the new headers set in. Need to shorten the collectors and figure out the steering shaft, but otherwise going to work out pretty good.
    image.jpg #ad
    image.jpg #ad
    image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

14. 80superbu

Ok, what headers are those?

15. pdqwagon

16. 80superbu

I was looking at those too but didn't like them for the reasons you noted as well as the big diameter primaries & collectors. I was looking for something with 2" primaries.

17. pdqwagon

Got more done tonight. Front clip is apart along with old A/A cooler and pipes. Got the tubing to fab the new core support. Hopefully have that started tomorrow.
    Now I have a big pile of old parts I dont need anymore.
    image.jpg #ad
    image.jpg #ad
    image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

18. pdqwagon

19. pdqwagon

Working on how to mount the radiator. Thinking about laying it back at a 45 degree angle to get more room to front mount the turbos. Anyone done this with any success? Or have any pics of it done?

20. pdqwagon

Decided to keep radiator vertical but move it closer to engine and lower it a bit also. Core support frame is done, still need to add radiator supports and brackets for hood pins and bumpers. Pretty happy with how it is turning out. Plenty of room in front for charge pipes now. image.jpg #ad
    . image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016