1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My 94GT (turbo cobra swap)

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by indyblk5.0, Oct 26, 2010.

1. indyblk5.0

Hi all... It's definitely been awhile since I've been back on here... I just wanted to show you all my car I have been making progress on...
    It's a 94GT with custom paint...

Short run down:
    97 Cobra motor (built, 10:1)
    Precision PT70
    Full tubular suspension
    Coilovers
    Full fuel system (eliminator pump)
    E85
    Built rear

Car was interesting on the dyno. 18lbs on first pull was way too much power for the trans that I had in the car, so we turned it down to 9lbs/14 degrees of total timing and came back with this:
    [​IMG]#ad

Car is going under the knife... Will be installing a TH400 over the winter and would like some input from those who have done the swap, then its off to 18-20lbs. :D
    I may install the AEM injector driver to be able to run bigger injectors as well (80lb in the car right now)

Let me know what you guys think so far :)

2. usnlightning

I can only imagine how GOOD it must feel to have to seriously back your tune down and make ONLY 600 at the wheels! Sweet car. I love the color. :cheers:

3. indyblk5.0

Thanks, its far from done at this point. I was able to get to motor to fit under the stock 94 hood... We were all surprised by the numbers, but it seems like it all just works well together. I just curious if I will run out of fuel this spring with the injectors.

4. fi95gt

do you have any pics of under the hood