1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

newbie question

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by LowDime, Aug 18, 2008.

1. LowDime

Hey everyone i have been here for a while and been lurking around reading and haven't been able to see what efi system/stand alone style
    for a lightly modded 93 5.0 that i will be adding a turbo to later on. I dont know if i should use a stand alone system or a msd box and timing retard (digi 7 or btm set up) Just looking for opinons on what would be the better alternative.

2. blacksaleen95

best thing to do is research what guys in your hp goal are running.... Don't skimp out on tuning software... Get something that will support your current goals along with whatever future ones you may have

3. LowDime

basically right now I would just like to be able to tune better. in the future with the turbo I would like to make 500 or so at the wheels. and be able to still drive it

4. R1ERIC

stock computer - MSD digital 6 Plus :2thumbs:

5. LowDime

i was also looking at the summit boxes that have the boost retard option in them? Anyone have any knowledge about them?

6. mtpturbo

If you're on a tight budget, you might look at the Thruster EFI from ACCEL DFI. You can get into a basic system pretty cheap, then add a WBO2/logger and upgrade to a "PRO" ecu later to get all of the bells and whistles of a Gen 7. I have a lot of customers having great luck with them.

If you have a bit larger budget, the XFI and Bigstuff 3 systems are also very popular. Let me know if you have any particular questions

-Chris

7. LowDime

summit box

i know this is a very old thread, I am getting ready to start the turbo work and am looking for retard option, so i dont have to suffer the poor part throttle driving from locking the timing out. I am looking for advice on the summit box with boost retard?

8. Matt Cramer

Re: summit box

It's a rebadged Mallory HyFire.

9. fastcat

What about a SCT chip.

Would be a 500 RWHP would be an easy goal and you can pull timing when the boost comes on.