1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Accel dual sync wiring???

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by conbread, Dec 22, 2008.

1. conbread

i have everything hooked up on my EFI box now just need to wire the dual Sync Dist..here is what i have..

The harness plugs into the main EFI harness, then the Dist has 2 plugs i can do them..
    I have 4 wires.
    Pink wire says 12v
    white wire says cam + signal
    blue wire says EST/Points trigger

which wires do i need Im running a msd 7al2...thanks for any help..

2. yellowpony

Not sure i understand what you are asking. The dual sync should only have 2 plugs coming out of it and 2 ground wires. Is yours different? Are you talking about wires coming out of the main harness or just the wires from the distributor?

Anthony

3. my8950

2 plugs, blk white & red
    blk = gnd
    red = switched 12v
    white = cam for one and crank for the other, they are specific, and need to be hooked up correct.
    I think there is a blue too? blue goes to the blue wire from your harness, sink points.
    The wire from your main harness, EST goes to the MSD points trigger.

4. conbread

hey guys thanks for the help..this is what i have..

i know the single plug goes to the main harness
    than the 2 plugs go to the dist
    The black is a ground
    I dont know where to put the white cam + to
    pink wire says 12v
    blue says EST/points trigger..

what i need to know is if i use all of these and where exactly do the white and blue need to go...thanks for any help..

5. my8950

est goes to points trigger on your cd ignition box, white goes to what I think would be a cam signal if you were using this adapter harness for a crank trigger. Since you're using the dual sync, dont worry about it, just tie it off, dont cut it off though!
    Pink goes to ignition, the rest should be no fail self explanatory....

6. conbread

thanks alot my8950..this is my first eFI setup and this shit dont have any instructions for retards like me!!! :doh:

7. my8950

no problem, ask away...You're doing the easy stuff right now anyways....Just be prepared, if you're not really sure, then its going to be somewhat of a pain...Good way to learn though!

8. tom robison

that how i have mine.