1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Twin Turbo ford, maf related question.

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Logan76, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Logan76

howdy everyone, ive never done a turbo v8 but have worked on turbo 4 cyls alot, mostly honda and nissan. Anyway I want to fab a TT setup on my dads 86 mustang gt, mostly stock as it sits. what are my options for Twin MAF's? How do I wire that into my Ecu? thankyou. I forgot to mention that If my only option is a Blow through on my cold pipe, what do I need to do to convert a standard maf to blow through? just a tune? Ive only had experience with draw through. :spam:

2. gryphon68

I think most people do blow-thru MAF's anyway, just put a single MAF after the merge, before the TB.

3. Logan76

wow thats a fast response, do you guys use 2 to 1 intercoolers alot of merge before the IC? I thought using a 2 to 1 style IC would save the trouble of welding up a merge pipe.

4. gt40_5.0

You can use either the 2 to 1 IC or have the pipes merge if you rather not have an intercooler. the MAF just needs to be either calibrated for your size injectors you have as usual or enter in the right MAF transfer curve in the ecu. also it's always good to make sure that you have a fair amount of straight pipe entering in before the MAF if you are going to use it as a blow-through application

5. fastcat

I merged my turbos before the I/C then installed the MAF before the T/B.

Less coupler with a single I/C ( have had couplers blow off so the fewer the better) LOL

Here is a pic of one of the earlier set up.

[​IMG]#ad

Later setup with 4in inlet pipe
    [​IMG]#ad