1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Twin Turbo Charging a BBF 460

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by GAWnCA, May 3, 2008.

1. GAWnCA

Where would a person start learning about turbo charging a BBF 460? What size turbos, fuel injection, exhaust manifolds. etc.

2. boostedtorino

for turbo sizing I would star by tlakin to dave@majestic ... of majestic turbo ... hes been a ton of hel with helpin my turbo sizng thats who im buyin from

3. GAWnCA

Thanks a lot. I'll check them out and see what it's going to take. I want the HP the scream and something different than the standard blower sitting on top of the motor. There's something about the whine of a turbocharger that I love. Maybe that comes from driving truck for so many years. ;)

4. GAWnCA

Is this the place in Waco, TX?

5. boostedtorino

6. GAWnCA

Thanks, The internet can be a strange beast at times. I tried your link and it wouldn't work so I added in the www and it was great. http://www.majesticturbodallas.com

7. boostedtorino

cool glad i could help .... hes a nice guy ... and seems to know his stuff and very easy to talk to ... and dont seem to mind explainin something if you have a question .... good ppl :2thumbs:

8. DA.RACING

sizing depends on application. i can also help. i have a customers twin turbo 460 in the shop right now for a fuel system upgrade and rebuilt turbos...should make around 600hp@5500 on 6#.

9. GAWnCA

Thanks DA. Seems I might be able to make better HP/torque on a SBC 350 with twin turbos than on the BB Ford. I'll be dropping whatever into a jet boat.

10. Hass828

Call Alamo Autosports in Arlington TX and ask for Brice Yingling, he's the owner and really knows his stuff. He can set you up with anything you want on a turbo charged setup. He setup my turbo stuff and the waste gates as well as the greddy controller. his # 1-817-860-4300. Tell him that his jetboating buddy from Okla. [Hass] sent you. He's the most knowledgable guy I've ever spoken with when it comes to a turbocharged application.

11. GAWnCA

Well, with all the contacts and information given here, I should be able to get a great set up. How do turbocharged engines stack up to engines with blowers?

12. Robert1320

If you search around the forum you will most likely find all the info you need.
    If you can't find it call any of the folks on the Sponsor list above in the forum header.

x-71 Blower = Giant air heater
    Turbo = Hp + Fun

Efi or Carb both work in Blowthrus. The key is matching the part correctly.

Good Luck!

13. tahiti cowboy

MY SET UP IS A BBF WITH TWIN TURBO THERE TWO GARRETT TV 75s with flanges to go from bbf heads to bbc headers with blow thru carb and intercooled set up

2008_1229Image0040.JPG #ad

14. GAWnCA

That's looking mean!! Keep up the good work and the photos coming. :2thumbs:

15. iffy

Hi GAWnCA i also agree with tahiti cowboy he has given you the best way.

16. silviaz145

yes i agree with tahiti cowboy

17. tahiti cowboy

ya my headers are chevy work truckheaders just turned up then I cut the flanges off then welded t-6 flanges on both the headers the turbos are the same height but there stagered cause the way the headers came up then I made the flanges to go from bbf head to bbc headers if you have any qestions pm me or give me a call 9896713339 ask for gary :welder:

18. tahiti cowboy

heres mine again

2008_1229Image0040.JPG #ad

19. Mark55

Gary,
    On that right side header it looks like you could clock the turbine housing around and take about a foot of piping out of the header.
    The T6 flange would be about level then.

20. tahiti cowboy

If I did that it would make that turbo set out farther there both even so if you come up behind the boat both exaust pipes look the same