1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Twin turbo 504 BBC

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by Hygrophobic guy, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Hygrophobic guy

Hi all, :hi:
    New to here.
    Have built a bunch of blower motors now trying my hand at turbo's.
    Looking to build a twin turbo 504 BBC bottom end is bullet proof to 1500 hp.
    have 8.5-1 comp. Wanna run 12lbs boost at 5500 with twin intercoolers and doing
    blow thru carb. Questions: single or dual carbs? Has anyone used a tunnel ram?
    Carb hat or box? I can fab up anything :welder: and have plenty of room so don't care
    about dimensions of things. Winter time so have plenty of time to build it.
    looking for good info from those in the know. :bow:
    Thanks.
    HG.

2. slow67

I have seen 1 tunnel ram in a car, and it was twin carbs with each turbo feeding its own carb.

As far as hat vs box, HAT ALL THE WAY!

3. TTFiveOhRanger

I want to build a turbo v8 boat badly! I was thinking twin jets off one v8 :) :welder: What kind of drive do you need for 1500 hp on a boat?

4. Hygrophobic guy

I'm thinkin of tryin it. Have a single 800 marine and another that needs a rebuild could use them twin as mentioned with each turbo feeding an indavidual carb. Have used hats before and modified Holleys for blow thru. Would look pretty wild with a dual tunnel and twin intercoolers. :chacha:

5. Tims86-9.80

I would think a bigger problem then it was worth. A single with a good intake will feed 2000 hp.