1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

twin turbo 5.0 built instrutions

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 90streetsleeper, Nov 30, 2010.

1. 90streetsleeper

is the anywhere i can go to find instructions on how to install a twin turbo kit on a 5.0 mustang? any1s help will b greatly appreciated.....

2. 68mustang

instructions for a specific kit?

3. 90streetsleeper

no just any twin turbo kit that i can use for guidlines :bow: :bow:

4. Racinjason81

there r no universal directions 4 installing a twin turbo kit on a 5.0.they r all a little different.what brand is it?intercooled?

5. 90streetsleeper

dnt bite my head of but its an ebay kit and yes its intercooled......however as time and money permits the ebay parts will be replaced with respectable names.....how ever this is what i got to work with right now......your help would b greatly appreciated :noidea: :noidea:

6. john01374

7. 302f150

1) what are you going to do for fuel management and a tune?
    2) pretty sure those kits don't have downpipes...
    3) parts will not simply interchange b/t other kits.

If you need instructions to install the kit do you think its a good idea to buy a cheap kit with no guarantees?

If you still think it'll get you through... look at people's builds....I mean you can't put two sets of headers on a car...and if the turbos aren't connected to anything you know its not installed.... you know you either have to remove your oil pan or punch and tap it on the car or run a return pump to get the oil back in the engine.... installing the kit is one of the easiest parts of a build... this is the nicest way I know to ask if you really think you should attempt this alone if you don't know how to physically bolt on parts...

8. 90streetsleeper

i have the twin turbo t04 kit..........and yes i can do the bolt on part and i will even do my own cold and hotside plumbing.....but as far as running the oil lines etc i will have someone do that for me.......as well as the tunning at my local speed shop......i still half to get injectors (52ib) and a MAF meter and a fuel pump (255lph)....... whats yalls opinion on going with 3.5" plumbing on the cold and hotside.....

9. ThomasWPT

This needs to be in the newbie section. Is this going on a stock 302? What are your hp goals?

10. 90streetsleeper

for the most part 500/550 i have all tha bolt ons and a forged roatating assembly

11. 1968turbostang

all forged in a stock block?

12. 9t3svt

You'd be way better off with my ddmi kit :D

13. 68mustang

one ebay turbo kit- $500

one week labor for a shop to cut and weld said ebay kit into place- $1500

forged rotating assembly in a stock block- priceless :D

really, as far as the 'big' parts you just unbolt the old headers and bolt on the turbo headers. then you connect the pipes with your crossover, then you install turbos, then you hook up the oil lines, then you instal wastegates, then cold piping, then get it tuned, the enjoy

sorry for being an ass but what kind of instructions are you looking for? just get in there and start taking bolts out and youll get it.

14. 90streetsleeper

any that i can use as guidlines for the oil lines etc.......

15. Jstang

16. wannabe

EbAY TURBO KIT HA , MINES SO MUCH BETTER, HAWOOAAH!!

just kiddin..... As far as 3.5" for the coldside id say yeah. Gale Banks does fatty charge pipes

3.5" hot side (crossover and merge) id say no

3.5" Downpipe Yeah

U want big pipe in the comprressor and big pipe out the turbine

17. 302f150

won't 3.5" pipe on the cold side create lag issues?

18. 68mustang

id go 2.5 or 3" for the cold side piping

19. wannabe

Not much lag but it does something good if banks does it

20. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Coldside:
    2 inch merged into a 2.5 to the intercooler
    3 inch from the intercooer to the throttle body.

Hotside:
    2.5 downpipes will be fine.

this combo i mentioned should max out at 650 to 700 rwhp
    not with those turbos though ;)

a 3.5 coldside..... only use on somethign making a 1000 plus other then that your giving up 100"s if not a 1000 plus rpm of spool time. Bigger is not always better.