1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Twin setup on 347ci hemi help!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Wardy, May 27, 2014.

1. Wardy

Looking at buying some turbos for my build, will be running twins and have a limit of 62mm compressor wheels.

Couple of options I'm looking at

Pt6266, t4 single entry, .68 or .81 rear

Or bw s362.. T4 single entry, .88 rear with 68/76 turbine.

Looking to make over 1000whp and run in the low 8's over the quarter.
    347ci new gen hemi, powerglide, w2a cooler, id2000 injectors, e85/methanol

The s362 is more attractive because of the price, but don't mind spending a touch more for the right setup. And don't mind a little more lag on the street for the performance at the track

Any oppinions will be taken on board

Cheers

2. Wardy

Anyone?

Or would a set of t3 turbine housings be better?
    The precisions have a lot more options when it comes to housing sizes etc. But if the BW's fit the bill ill prob just get those

3. Wardy

4. Mnlx

T4's for sure... I would be tempted to run the s362's, but that is a pretty large turbine for twins. More info on the combo? Rpm, cam?

5. Wardy

I was thinking t4's too.. just after some oppinions and results from similar ci combos.
    will probably ony spin it to around 7500ish rpm.. Engine isn't built yet, but cam will most probably be in the mid 240's, 600" on a 114lsa

6. xr8tt

If its a dedicated drag car and auto I would go the larger housings..

7. Wardy

Wouldn't say "dedicated" as such, but will spend twice as much time at the track.
    Any other oppinions, leaning toward the 362's at $750 a piece.. Will the turbines be ok for my setup?

Need to pull the trigger on a pair this week.
    Was thinking of running a billet s480 but space is real tight.

8. Troy

I have twin Garrett T4 62mm gtx wheel turbos .84 Exh. on my 347 SBF, It makes 1000 flywheel easy. It spools quick 3700ish, If you are going e85 I would also skip the a/w, save the weight/hassel/expense.

9. Wardy

Nice!.. What size turbines troy?

10. Troy

Wardy I sent you a PM to help with the details