1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2 flex joints? pic inside

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 1slosvt, Feb 25, 2013.

1. 1slosvt

I was just curious if there was any harm in using two flex joints? As you can see in the pic the merge bolts solid to the turbo mount bracket. I had planned on putting a flex joint in between each side and the merge but ive never seen one like that. Am I asking for trouble or does it matter? The turbo is mounted solid to the chassis and the engine is solid mounted but I thought it would give me a little cushion. Any input is greatly appreciated!!

turbo.jpg #ad

2. Briansshop

Solid mounted engine,turbo solid to the frame in mine, with no flex joints.

3. sarg

I ran two flex joints.

4. BoostedBadBoy

It can't harm it, just make sure they are decent quality joints and not garbage that will break apart and clog your turbine/motor etc. So simply put, spend the money on decent ones so there is no worries. The cheap ones are the ones we see these problems happen with a lot.

5. 1slosvt

Great info guys. I ordered a set that dont have braid on them at all. They were kinda pricey but at this point what isnt? lol Just glad I asked before I welded anything else up!! Thanks!!