1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

TWIN SEQUENTIAL TWIN TURBO's SET UP

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by AuroraTear, Feb 24, 2013.

1. AuroraTear

As the title state's... I want to know if it COULD be worth it. I do understand that there may be "beter more simple options. Less costly options, easier to tune options etc but that's not want I want to know.

FIrst I do understand that sequential turbo set ups have been largely forgotten about because of newer, larger and faster spooling set ups. BUt I don't think even for a moment that, that would replace the effectiveness of this set up, just simplify it.

Twin scroll turbo's are a fantastic development. Sequential turbo set ups were great. pushing well past 1000 hp on small displacement 4cyl engines. And we have the benefits of TWIN turbo set ups. All pushing huge amounts of Hp.

Now for my actual question. Putting aside costs, tuning times, weight gain, extensive plumbing etc here goes.

What about an engine like an LS9 with a TWIN sequential Twin scroll Twin set up? To be exact, I mean that there would be a total of FOUR turbos and 8 bypass valves. Each side of the engine bay mirroring the other. Each bank would have a small twin scroll turbo for low end grunt work, followed by LARGE twin scroll turbo for high end peak power. There would be virtually no lag, VERY VERY little power loss with the right exhaust set up. and if tuned properly no dip in power while the turbo's switched from small to large. I know that sequential turbo's took alot of time to properly tune. Possible?

2. Andy Dorsett

Putting aside cost, tuning times, weight gain and extensive plumbing it would work great. In fact putting cost aside by itself makes almost any project fesable.