1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

engine vibration incon twin turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by stang tech, May 11, 2011.

1. stang tech

i install incon 800 tti kit on 90 gt. new engine 331, trick flow head ,holley intake,42lb injectors. i have bad vibration off idle. engine setup 28 oz flex plate and dapner. I want know if or how much vibration sould i get with this set up. Car seem to run fine. makes boost. but vibrate off idle and up. Any help would be great.

2. spoolinranger

I never had any vibrations from my 331 it was balanced 28 also. does it vibrate in park just revving up, or is this driving up the street?

3. stang tech

all the time get much worst above 1200 rpm. check all mounts ok. i believe it in engine

4. Disney Lincoln

Was it balanced with the 28oz flexplate? I've build some 331's that used the 50oz and some that used 0oz.

5. stang tech

pulled oil pan, turn out to be eagle 4340 o balance crank.

6. stangman9897

Now you have to pull the trans to change the flex plate and put a new damper on it and hope everything is fine .

7. Disney Lincoln

If it's not been balanced as am assembly you should pull the motor and have it all balanced together.

8. stang tech

i pull engine and remove crank, at machine shop so it can be balance with flex plate and damper. If all goes well i will have back saturday.

9. 68mustang

wow! you work fast!! on thursday you were dropping the oil pan and by yesterday you had it out and at the machine shop!?! Awesome