1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1999 f150 intake manifold on 97 gt 4.6

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by forum155pl, Feb 16, 2006.

1. forum155pl

I replaced my engine in my mustang with a 4.6l out of a f150 and when I did it i had to swap out the intake for my mustang one because my hood wouldn't clear the intake... so I'm wondering if i bought a cowl induction hood for clearance and used the f150 intake because it is so much bigger, would it give me any more power?? Also how would that intake vs. the plastic intake that came stock with the mustang work with turbos??

thanks
    -Colby

2. Scott02GT

Good question, but I think the intake is designed for very low end torque, and from what I have heard (I don't know first hand) it falls on it's face in the higher RPM range. I would try it only if I have the cowl hood already, I don't thing I would waste the money just to try it out.

If you do decide to try it out please post your experience, having a cheap metal intake for the 2valve would be a tremendous find.

3. silverback

Nothing really wrong with the plastic intake for boost.

If you want to test it just take the hood off and run it both ways, the manifold swap is a piece of cake on those cars and the gaskets are pretty much reusable.