1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2v Turbo cams??

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by candyroush, Dec 6, 2013.

1. candyroush

How should I contact about custom cams for my motor? I am about ready to order some.
    Its a..
    -4.6 20 over
    -9.6:1 compression
    -Trickflow heads
    -Logan Intake
    -HP TT kit
    -6 Speed trans
    -93 octane and stock ecu so 7000rpm'ish

Thanks for help!

2. DV19

I got my from Comp... Motor's not back in the car yet though so I don't have any feedback on them...
    [​IMG]#ad

3. 99TTGT

MMR turbo cams

Comp cams grind The MMR cams.

4. cravens02

I have MMR stage 3 turbo cams

5. punched 281

I have mmr stage 2, they sound pretty much like stock. But haven't had the turbo on yet so not sure about that aspect. I am disappointed in the sounds of them as I looked up what they sound like on other cars, so not sure what is different or if they gave me "stage 1".

6. mvk13

I have MHS stage 2's and like the stage 2 MMR's they sound fairly stock. No turbo on there yet. Maybe after tax time. I could dig out the cam cards if anyone else is interested? Running MMR 4.75 stroker w/ 9.5 comp and MMR stage 2 PI heads. Needs to be tuned...

7. Excessive Motorsports

You are not going to get the thumping sound from a set of Turbo cams on a 2V Mod unless they have a lot of duration. The 2V does not need a ton of duration to make good power and lots of RPM. Do to the fact that you are already running arguably the best intake manifold available, there will be no restrictions there so 7,000 RPM is going to come a lot easier. My suggestion would be something like our MHS Stage 2.5 TFS Specific Turbo Cams. 227 /223 Duration @ .050" on a 115 Lobe Sep. They will be perfect for your setup.
    -Jordan

8. y2k2gt

Excessive Motorsports would 246/255 115lsa cams make more hp than the 227/223 115lsa cams?
    What ill effects would the bigger cams have staying under 7500rpm?
    Why would the smaller cams be better?
    Do have any results to share with us from your cams to compare?
    My car with 232/230 115lsa cams and running 18psi ran [email protected] 1/4 and 6.34@114 1/8.

9. candyroush

These are the questions I am looking to answer haha

From what I have seen, most mod motor turbo cams have a profile similar to MHS, but there are a few other companies that stray from this such as MMR. There is no concrete evidence that I can find on which would be better (quicker spool, more peak or overall power, ect). I know it will vary depending on the setup, but the difference in those 2 cam profiles above is drastic...

10. y2k2gt

11. candyroush

Also what I have been reading. I dont want to under-cam my motor but I also dont want to over-cam it. It is all hearsay though... I want to see physical proof! Anyone out there have any? Y2k2gt has been super helpful this far.

This article has lots of good info for anyone else interested
    http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/ctrp_1106_turbo_camshaft_guide/

12. candyroush

Talked to Comp Cams tech, he recommended 242/240 @.050 .550/.500 lift 115LSA

13. lrostosky

I know this thread is a little old but I thought I would share my cam specs. 230/235.8 @.050 .572/.575 lift and 114 LSA These were custom ground cams that I bought off of a guy making over 1000 hp through a 2v and when he was looking to upgrade. They were supposed to be great on the street. I hope they will work with my combo, but if they dont I was planning on trying either MHS or MMR cams next.

14. candyroush

Was the car an auto or stick?

15. lrostosky

At those power levels it is almost always an auto. I think either a th400 or powerglide.

16. candyroush

I agree with that, but a manual car will be much more picky with cams, due to it can't load the engine the way an auto can. So what may work very well in an auto may not with a manual

17. lrostosky

Sorry I didn't see that your are planning to use a 6 speed. I am really not familiar with how it would affect the cam choice but what you said seems to make sense. Also if you are planning on using the TFS heads you would probably want cams specific to them since they are way different than the regular 2v ones.

18. candyroush

I appreciate the input! And yes they will need to be TFS specific cams.