1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What engine to install and turbocharge

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by Warship2k15, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Warship2k15

Ok I own a c body dodge monaco project Im making a bluesmobile but want it turbocharged It currently doesnt have an engine or transmission in it.
    What engine would you recommend installing for a budget and easy turbo build.

The car previously had a 440 so small or big block would fit.No k member change needed.I an willing to go used or build one but I want it to be inexpensive and reliable.

Thanks in advance

2. M&M Turbochargers

id go with a 330-350 cid and go with a gt45 chinese turbo for a cheap combo , should get you in the 500hp ball park pretty easy

3. Lowlyslows

Chinese turbo! Cheap on ebay and work

4. Sweet5ltr

400 BB backed by a 727. Single BW S475 1.10-1.32AR for $600, really can't beat it. You have a big car, you need a big engine under the hood. Leave the small blocks for the A and E body cars.

5. Warship2k15

I bought a 440 with a forged crank to put in her.

6. Sweet5ltr

Great, can't go wrong with an RB. Any more details on the build, stock heads, compression, camshaft, trans, rear end?

7. Warship2k15

I know its been a while.I didnt see the notification of your post.

I have been working on painting the car body work etc.
    Rearend is a 9.25 with 3.21 gears and surgrip.
    Trans is a 727.
    As soon as im finished with the paint job I'm going to go thru the engine.
    I have the heads off it right now it has 452 heads that have been rebuilt with new stainless valves.

Leakdown test was good before I disassembled it.

Im going to check out the rest of the engine before I decide which way Im going.
    I would like to keep it a budget build but I need to find out what I have before I decide.
    I also bought a fury cop car for parts and it also has a 440 with forged crank 9.25 rear (unknown ratio) and 727.

Do you have any advice for my project??