1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. tnracer73

Hey guys new to the forum, new to turbos, (nitrous junky) and new to LS engines. I have started a new car to compete in a local stock block class and hoping I can get some help with the setup. I have a 93 Notch 2600# when it had a sbf and nitrous. Class weight is 3100 for turbo. I can go single 76mm or twin 62 (T3 only). I am looking at going with a 6.0 iron block if I ever find one and some tfs tea ported heads or mast heads. The class hasn't broke into the 4s yet but getting close and I'd like to be competitive. Anyone care to share some ideas? Thanks. IMG_20190319_185331.jpg #ad

2. Disney Lincoln

YOu can get some really big T3's nowadays thanks to the import crowd. I mean like 800hp each big. Seems two of those Forced Performance units would be the way to go.

tnracer73 likes this.
  3. tnracer73

Thanks for the help I'll check them out.

4. 91turboterror

IIRC there is also an aluminum 6.0 I don’t know if it’s worth the extra hassle and the money though.What’s max cid in the class?. A 6.0 is a good choice for a stock block build.

5. tnracer73

No ci limit. I thought the iron was strongest?

6. tbird

All I can offer knowing what other SBE record holders have done.
    Modify oil drain backs, good aftermarket oil pump, Baker engineering cam, 6000 ish convertor, as much turbo as you can legally get on it, high ram, power glide, good engine management with good logging capabilities, air to water, e85 or c16.

Go to real tuners site and look for the episode with Johnathan Capazi. He was giving away specs on his setup. He's been in the 4s with a 5.3 at 31-3200 ish lbs.
    Biggest thing is getting past peak torque rpm to lay the power on.