1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

TWIN A1000 PUMPS E85

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by fiero1985, Nov 4, 2011.

1. fiero1985

I am looking for some information about running twin a1000 pumps. I have the pumps and pre and post filters for each pump and -10 hose.

I do not have any controllers yet and would rather not buy into that, it seems like most dont have them and others swear by them. The car is 70% track and street driven maybe 1000 miles a year. I want this setup to be capable of feeding 1000-1200whp on e85.

lsx based engine with large single.

Some people hate on the a1000 and say get one large pump which I have though about getting a magnafuel 750 or along those lines. A mechanical pump is out of the question. I dont have the room for the belt drive

Should I run dual feeds? Each pump feeds one side of the rail. I also read about a hobbs switch... Just trying to get ideas on how people feed the rails and wire these pumps up.

Thanks

2. 1sicpny

you take what the pump will support boosted and then take off 35% for e85.

yellowpony on here just maxed out his magnafuel pro tuner with around the same hp!

3. fiero1985

yeah I understand the 35% thing just trying to see if anyone else has a dual a1000 setup and how it is ran pros/cons. Obviously failure of the pump(s)....

should I run dual feeds or y block it...

4. yellowpony

Dual a1000's will not support that kind of power on e85. I will have my protuner 750 up for sale shortly, if you are interested, but you will need another one to support that kind of power.

You are fine just using a y-block.

A1000's are very reliable pumps, just won't supply the fuel volume you need.

Anthony

5. fiero1985

what did your car make on e85 with that single? what injector and base pressure

6. fiero1985

4301 or 4101 pump also?

7. yellowpony

I have no dyno numbers, car was tuned at the track. Going by fuel table requirements, the car is making somewhere in the 1100 fwhp range at 16psi. I was just shy of 900lb/hr at 16psi, 18psi and up the magnafuel couldn't keep up. They have the prostar 750 which should work, but they don't recommend street use as the motor is not cooled by the fuel like the protuner inline.

Mine is the 4303 protuner pump, not the Prostar.

Anthony

8. fiero1985

well I will just go with it. I just dont see how 2 a1000 pumps cant support 1000whp e85. I have done some research and see people over on the bullet making 900-1100 whp with corn and aeromotive or 044 dual pumps. I guess if it does not work I will look into a weldon or magna flow pump

9. yellowpony

Do yourself a favor and instead of buying another a1000, get an eliminator or pro series and run it off a Hobbs switch. That way you don't need an controller and will have plenty of fuel. This is something you want more than enough not just enough. At your power level you will be walking a fine line with a1000's. Take it for what it is worth, don't burn your junk up because of a few hundred for a pump.

Anthony

10. fiero1985

yeah I understand that. I already have 2 a1000 pumps and mounted. I just dont know if I should try and get a magnafuel pump and what pump on e85 will support the power without running twins.

I am running the pt4788 turbo and dont want to limit my potential with fuel

11. yellowpony

Also, you are in the same situation as me. I did not want to run 2 pumps continuous.

I shouldn't have said they won't support it. What i was getting at was that if you look at the numbers, the a1000 by itself will support about 550rwhp on e85 on MOST cars, sure, there are some that make more, but who cares, this is your car, not theirs. At those numbers, you would be on the verge of needing more. This way you run 1 a1000 and not need a controller, add an eliminator that say comes on at 5psi for reference, that thing will live forever!

What size engine is this on?

Best of luck with your setup!

Anthony

12. slither

Get the correct pump for that level imo

13. 93AlexCoupe

Anybody have pics of this set up? My A1000 started to give up at 792 so we backed it down to 770. Trying to decide if i just add another, go belt drive, or just get a pro series. Looking to get to about 950-1000rwhp.

14. racesloth