1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Twin 54mm ball bearing turbos.....what size oil restrictor?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Ten5TBird, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Ten5TBird

Stock 3V engine with twin 54mm turbos and I'm getting oil in the intake tract so I'm going to put a restrictor in the -3 feed line before the "T" fitting. Taking advice on what size restrictor.

.050"

.060"

.065"

These are dual ball bearing oil and water cooled turbos. What say you?

2. wildcardfox

What say I?! I say go with the smallest.. The .050. Personally I go with 40 thousands on my turbo, but that's me. Hence is the decree of Brett the Great. :cheers:

3. retfr8flyr

I had to go to .035 on my BB 57's to stop the oil backup. Garrett said that was as small as they would recommend. My setup is gravity but isn't your setup low mounted with an oil recovery pump?

Earl

4. Tx_Cat

Were did you guys find the restrictors?! ATP has only 1 size thought. I am going with twin garrets (turbo coupes)

5. screamin363

if you have metal an fittings just weld them closed and drill em out to the right size. Cheap and easy if you have a welder and drill :welder:

6. dave281sc

I used NOS Flare Jet fittings and Jets.

7. Ten5TBird

Yup. Turbos are down around the transmission. Scavenge pump is up front under the headlight bucket.

8. retfr8flyr

9. Jeckeler

.030 to .040. those atp pieces make it easy