1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Nitrous tech.. Look.. Underpsi...

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by MORA, Feb 26, 2003.

1. MORA

Since Im doing the 351w change, I've been thinking of running the 302 with the T3's that I have with some nitrous. I was told that I should be careful with the timing. The engine is stock, I was just planning on setting a conservative timing with no advance, like most here do. I saw a product on Summits catalog, that is a timing retard for nitrous. Can I run the locked timing and use this timing retard box for the nitrous too?

2. Clem Eastwood

run race gas.

3. MORA

cant afford it.. its a street racer..

C'mon, answer my q!

4. Clem Eastwood

i wouldnt even attempt it on pump gas. id just run straight turbo. all nitrous is gonna do is lean out the a/f ratio even more.

5. MORA

it seems I didnt write the question well. sorry. let me refrase.

I've read that you should remove the timing advance spout when running turbos with pump gas, in order to fight detonation caused by timing advance.
    I plan on running a wet nitrous kit.

My question is, could I retard timing when I use the nitrous (with the timing retard box i saw at summit) without having the timing advance spout?

6. Clem Eastwood

7. Erik88GT

You might get some detonation when you shift. The EEC likes to throw a lot of advance at a low RPM (right after a shift), high load (floored throttle) situation.

8. Rods

:withstu: