1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbonetics Y2K T88 build

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by firebird_1995, Oct 24, 2015.

1. firebird_1995

I've got a T88 I'm looking to put in my monte carlo. I've got a 384 lt1 with forged pistons, rods and crank, ported trick flow heads, and a single plane intake. I have a mild turbo grind cam (224/224 .560/.565 on 114LSA) that I can use or possibly have another one ground. I have an aftermarket PCM but have been kicking around the idea of going carb. The car previously had a procharger so I'm not new to forced induction, but I've never ran a turbo setup before. This car will be primarily used on the track with very little street driving. My question is, if you guys had it to do over again, would you go efi or carb and why?
    Info on the turbo...
    http://www.jegs.com/i/Turbonetics/880/11092/10002/-1

2. agustin

if you have a tunable ECU I see no reason to ditch efi, as much as I like blowthru stuff, EFI is superior.

3. firebird_1995

I've got an older accel gen 7 dfi. I ran it on my Procharged setup but haven't done any tuning with a turbo. I may try to sell the dfi and go with a holley dominator system