1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbonetics Question 2 & 3 (Water Jackets)

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by GenVTurbo, Jun 10, 2019.

1. GenVTurbo

I am looking at going from a Turbonetics 75/68 billet BB unit to a cast 78/75 BB unit. The current 75/68 turbo has water cooling via banjo fittings into the CHRA. I like the idea of water cooling and the current unit never gets hot even when I go racing.

You can get water cooling on the 78/75 turbo at no extra charge, but this one does not have it. My questions are:

Do all these turbos have a water jacket around the bearings and Turbonetics only taps the jackets if you request it, or do they using an entirely different CHRA?

If the water jackets are there, is it as simple as drilling through the housing and putting a fitting in it, or is there something I am missing?

2. fastspec2

All the cartridges I have been around are a different casting.

3. GenVTurbo

Thanks, that is what I needed to know.