1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Suspension required for on3

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Twisted2v, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Twisted2v

I'm trying to save money when buying an on3 kit for my 2000 GT. I know I will need a K member, but do I need the coilovers or tubular control arms to fit? Can I just use a tubular K that fits stock A arms and springs?

Thanks

2. sweat90lx

get ready for the HATE
    On3 gets no respect on here. might wanna hit that search button to see why

3. PrecisionTurboMustang

Call china and ask the 9 year old girl that made the kit what's needed to make it work....

4. Twisted2v

Real mature. I would love to buy a hellion if you want to pay the difference. Im a college student nor does it make sense to buy a kit worth just as much as the car. I'm looking at a used kit so I'm not taking a job overseas.

5. PrecisionTurboMustang

Sorry for the cheap shot. Call Brian at b&g custom Turbo (contact info is in the sponsor list at the top of the forums) he has a entry level kit now that is very affordable.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T BUY A KIT FROM HIM CALL HIM ANYWAY, He has helped a number of on 3 customers and can answer your question. Tell him ptm from theturboforums sent Yah.

6. BreakDancer

If you want to save yourself a ton of headaches buy the on3 as soon as it shows up throw it in the garbage. Now that is out of your system go to the DIY section and figure out a way to get what you are looking for from jy parts. Holset, eBay gt45, and some other diesel truck options. Even this will be slightly cheaper if at all than the entry-level kit PTM has referenced. Use the search button other people have made the expensive mistakes so you don't have to. Take advantage!

7. sweat90lx

quality turbo kits are not cheap for a reason. most of the On3 kits will need some kind of modifications to fit properly and almost every 2V kit of theirs has boost creep problems.
    saying use the search button isnt saying we dont want to help you. there is so much info on this site and almost any questions you have have been discussed many times.

8. Disney Lincoln

So you've identified the cheapest POS turbo kit possible for your build and you're trying to save money on top of that??

Google BME pain olymipcs and do what they do. It will be much better than what you've got planned.

9. Mike93SVT

:( been a while since someone threw that one out there

10. BoostedBadBoy

Well to be honest man, the hate for these guys comes from the many customers they screwed over. I've seen and helped put on a few of these kits and while one mounted up fairly easy, the other one was a fucking nightmare and not even close, and if you try to contact these guys to fix their shit they give you the run around and will not help you. Honestly I'd say a good 80% of their shit don't work properly and has one issue or another. NOW.. that being said, yes our sponsors are a lil more, BUT you get great customer service from them and a guarantee and they STAND BY IT.. I've never seen one case of our guys saying to hell with it I'm not helping you after one of their products were bought. And Chad from ON3 Performance was a member here before and got booted for his bullshit he caused and trying to pass shitty systems on and just being a douchelord and shitty tech advice..... he should be held publically tied up to a tree with his pants down and shot up the ass with a spud gun and dildo for trying to still sell his products. And surprisingly still somehow on Ebay this mother fucker still has decent feedback???... HOW!?!?... lol The more I look now the more horror stories I see and hear, and I almost bought one of those kits. Save the few bucks until you can buy a decent kit brotha and save yourself the headache, a decent kit you don't really have to TRY TO MAKE WORK OR FIT... thats the way it should be. Cheap... Fast... Reliable... pick two if you cut edges.

11. Bad Medicine Racing

It probably goes something like this:
    1. New On3 turbo kit shows up

2. New owner unpacks it all and revels in it's shiny newness

3. Goes and beats meat with left hand while holding the turbo in the right hand and imagining what 600hp is going to feel like

4. Leaves sparkling eBay feedback because they just looked at it and that was all

5. Wants to throttle chad for selling them a crappy product and they have already left their good feedback because they were too excited when they got it.

12. BoostedBadBoy

I agree with you completely. They looked nice but damn was it off.... On the first kit, talked to Chad, he seemed like a nice enough guy, actually tried to help out gave some pointers and yeah the kit mounted up fairly easy. NOT SMOOTH but easy enough that if you weren't a fabber you'd still be able to figure it out. That kit based on that, I woulda recommended them before. Then the second kit a buddy came to me with and he was like oh yeah I just bought ON3 kit blah blah blah I know you helped Mike can you help me? Sure, why not, took few days on the first one tweekin and what not to get it all mounted how bad could it be right? HAHA.. yeah so 2 Weeks later I finally get ahold of this fucker, I'm like bro, this thing isn't even ball park? Did you test fit it? " Yeah we test fit all of our kits on the cars and jigs before they go out, you must be doing something wrong... " Homeboy I been building cars for the better part of 14yrs, making shit well into the 4 digit markers I know what I'm doing, these headers aren't even close, can we send them back and you send another? Then he asks if there is a tubular K member in there. YUP.. sure is.. oh well what kind is it?.. so I tell him, he goes ohhhhh that's whats wrong we used such and such to do our mock ups. OKKKKK So why the fuck wouldn't you put that up front on the site? This was before info was given on them more extensively. So my buddy drops another $699 on a different tubular front setup.. what was claimed to be mocked up with... NOW ITS EVEN FURTHER OFF!!.. I'm like you have to be fucking kidding me. Tried calling wouldn't return the calls tried emailing wouldn't respond. And all I wanted to do was swap out the headers because I knew how off these things were. So to make a long story short, trying to save a lil in many cases may end up costing you more.
    To the OP of this topic, and just because someone says something don't mean they stand by it. Our guys even if its not their product will even still try to help you out. Where if you roll with Chad, and run into problems, and from the feed back I've seen and heard and dealt with personally one way or another your going too... You may end up shit out of luck. So I ended up having to make the hotside for his system myself and turned out ten times better than Chad's shit anyway. Sure you can make a system in your garage, its not the easy unless you have a nice selection of tools and fabbing hardware to work with. But truth be told brotha, and I'm speaking from EBay experience, there is nothing cheap about power, the weakest link will always go. Now I did the EBay twin turbo setup, and I got lucky mine went on decently easy and works awesome, will I be upgrading? Absolutely, to brand name parts I just wanted to make sure I could do it, but if I could go back and do it over again, honestly man, I would saved a lil more until I could have got something that was less of a headache and pretty much direct bolt on , tune and go. But truth be told, I would rather spend the lil extra have the guy that made it stand by his product and give any and all help you ask for and need vs saving a few bucks and just HOPING its going to work. A good vendor is 50/50 in being half the reason you are buying from them is great product and the other is their customer service because its speaks volumes about the people themselves and what your getting. Thats just my .02 cents on it. :2thumbs:

13. furchaser

^^ Well said.. :cheers:

14. stangman9897

You hit that one right on the nail head . After you buy something every time you go to ebay there it is you need to leave feedback for 1 item and as soon as they look in the box they leave it. To bad you can't modify your feed back, i would love to read all the emails he gets through ebay alone.

15. Zacharyx

helped install an on3 kit ( couldn't talk the out of it) fitments wasn't as bad as I have seen but once I did have an issue a quick call to On3 reminded why B&G is world's above anyone else, there was no way it was the kit he makes thousands and has no issues, I must have never installed a turbo kit , blah blah fucking blah.

OP if you are intent on buying an on3 kit buy it new through Jeg's they will at least warranty it for 3 years ( funny how they warranty it better than the manufacturer)
    But honestly you are on a site with so much knowledge that you should have learned by now that anything worth doing is worth doing right, any $$ you save up front will be spent later fixing poor workmanship or crappy components. Be patient save some more $$ and buy everything once ( well maybe twice just becasue HP/boost is the most addictive thing on earth). Why waste your money learning when you can read about all the mistakes the rest of us have made

16. 427notch

It wont take them long to axe this warrenty, once the majority of inexperinced customers, who thought they were getting a stellar turbo kit, and wont have a problem because it came from Jegs, starts returning them, due to poor fitment and leaky V bands.

And to answer the OPs question, if he is still around after this flamming, On"pee" used UPR K members to tool their kits around. Only fitting, one junk rip off comapny would use another junk rip off company :doh: