1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbonetics Godzilla bov and newgen wastegate?

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by Mattsv8_03, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Mattsv8_03

Hey guys im in the middle of my turbo build and ive heard bad things about the turbonetics godzilla bov and newgen wastegate. are they ok to work up to 1400 hp? if not what is recomended. i work at jegs and we are a dealer of turbonetics thats why i ask i get a good price. :2thumbs:

2. inthe10s

I've heard the Raptor blow off valves are NO good but nothing about the Godzilla or wastegate.

3. thesled

the godzilla is good, and ask brian brown he's usuing two NewGen's on his 6 second twin turbo mustang there a good waste gate.

4. rusted40

I use the Godzilla BOV and evolution gates with no problems :2thumbs:
    the Godzilla holds at least 25psi and responds well with as little as 5psi

turbonetics stuff works well even when my brain doesnt :-X

5. Dustin11

I run both the godzilla and newgen. Both work fine. I have found both work best if you barely tighten the v-band clamps. If you get them too tight the valves seem to stick. The car makes between 1400 and 1500 hp and I can get boost down under 10# if needed.

6. Mattsv8_03

sweet thanks guys looks like thats what im gett :chacha:ing.
    i want to get it done for next season.