1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

on3 wastegate

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by robu2, Sep 5, 2016.

1. robu2

I have a on3 turbo kit with a 88mm (ok enough already) my question is my wastegate dont know what spring it came with and should I chuck it and by another ?? precision, turbosmart etc.. is this a quality piece?? help

2. Mnlx

I don't believe you can refer anything on3 as a quality piece..lol The Chinese gates work ok, but sometimes need some cleanup, and maintenance. You can test, and get a good idea on the spring with some regulated shop air. If I were buying a good gate it would be a JGS, or Tial, but that's just my preference.

3. Lowlyslows

From what I have read the Chinese waste gates are hit or miss. Mnlx makes a good suggestion, best to test it first.

4. M&M Turbochargers

we can hook you up with JGS products if you want (nice stuff)