1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbonetics Billet wheel BB Turbo for built 2V mod motor?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Baznasty Dave, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Baznasty Dave

Turbonetics billet wheel BB GT-K 1050 turbo is the one i am referring to.

Compressor wheel = HPC-76
    Turbinbe wheel = F1-68
    Turbine housing = T4 0.96 A/R
    Turbine housing inlet/outlet = 4-bolt / 4" V-Band
    Part # oil cooled = 11593
    Part # H20 cooled = 11594

So its a 76mm, BB, billet wheel, .96 A/R Turbo

I am thinking of going ahead and getting this for my build which will consist of
    MMR1000SE 4.75L
    Trickflow 2V heads W/125lb springs
    MMR stage 3 Turbo cams
    Edelbrock intake
    Edelbrock rails
    MHS elbow
    75mm TB
    ON3 FF turbo kit

Looking for 800WHP on 93 pump gas through a 5-spd.
    This should be a pretty good choice for me right? It has a Forged Billet wheel which are a step above a regular billet wheel and is also ceramic ball bearing as well. Hoping it will help 200-400rpms on the spool time since i am staying 5-spd.

This turbo should mate right up to the ON3 kit everywhere except the down pipe i think...... I can simply get a 4" v band pipe to a Y-pipe with a cut out and then on out to the 3" exhaust that comes with the kit.

Does all this sound good for my goals and plans???????? Sorry if this is a simple question i am still a turbo newb :noidea:

2. wantabe

Guna come on hard... ;)
    Whatdo those valves weigh?

3. Baznasty Dave

Im not sure, MMR suggested to just upgrade the TF heads with 125lb springs.

4. Baznasty Dave

Is the turbine wheel small, average, or large sized for a 76mm wheel?

5. 99TTGT

will work fine

6. Baznasty Dave

I was hpoing you would pop in and give me the green light :2thumbs:

7. JZ 97 SS 1500

The compressor side is up to task, but the turbine side will be a little on the small side. You will need around ~45lbs/min of turbine flow. That unit with that turbine wheel and housing combo is done around ~39lbs/min. Which means backpressure will rise quickly around the 650-700rwhp mark.

8. Baznasty Dave

Thanks for the response, I have decided to go with a Precision Turbo, does this one sound more like what i would need for my goals on a 5-spd? Think i should go .81 or .96AR????
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Precision-P...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c27652f82&vxp=mtr

T4 .81 or .96 A/R tangental turbine housing V-band (please specify upon ordering)

76mm Billet compressor wheel

75mm Turbine Wheel

Ball Bearing

Ported H-compressor cover (.75ar

9. stangman9897

Have you checked with our sponsors for that turbo, that way you will have somebody to stand behind it and talk to you if you have a problem. Buying it off ebay you will not get any service with it .

10. Baznasty Dave

No I have not, I have no idea who to contact and do not know who all are Forum venders for Precision :(

11. cat herder

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/turbo-tech-questions-only!!!/where-do-i-buy-xyz-part-list-of-sponsors-to-support/