1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holes in Compressor Housing

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by hollywood63, Nov 26, 2011.

1. hollywood63

Whats the reasoning behind the holes in the compressor housing. It seems turbonetics uses them the most.

2. PrecisionTurboMustang

To combat compressor surge, slows spoolup slightly, a big help if you are close to the surge line.

3. wantabe

speeds up spool..
    allows re circulation of compressed air , to exit back outside the comp cover, in surge
    slightly reduces max flow output of compressor
    makes wicked spool up noises :2thumbs:
    lightens comp cover

4. M&M Turbochargers

some companies refer to the holes as dynamic reflow, i havent run one though,, good to know it sounds better spooling up wannabe

5. wantabe

ive done back to back testing , t series cover from turbonetics ...too the gtk covers
    same casting etc..
    thats where i found it
    no dyno results
    drag race results used for results too.

6. PrecisionTurboMustang

This is the man you want to listen to. If he says the sun is black I'll believe it.