1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Some thoughts on Total Performance.

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by No Quarter, Jan 23, 2004.

1. No Quarter

After umpteen million 25-30psi passes I pulled the motor apart today. I'm changing to a short runner intake, turbo cams and navi heads ported to shit and back.

The kit is still holding up great. I was concerned about an exhaust leak I heard. Turns out that was a leak at the wastegate where a former shop (not to be mentioned because I don't want to get into it) broke a bolt in the waste gate.

I was concerned that the header had cracked from massive amounts of back pressure caused by the .86 housing. She's still golden.

I'm headed out to the track sunday to get to work on dialing in the FAST. I'll keep you posted and post up some slips.

Two thumbs up on build quality brad :D

Now finally rid of the intake and cams!

2. BlownMystic1

Well, hearing this is definately a good thing for me. I am building my car now and planning to run the same turbo set-up from Total Performance. Except, i'm running an 80mm turbo. If it gives me problems, I'd like to look into the 76GTS. My car will be a 302 cubic inch 4 valve with ported heads, valves, springs, etc., turbo cams, and an HCI intake. I plan to have Randy Haywood working the tune on the FAST system. Hopefully, the car will weigh 3250 with me in it. I'm also running an AOD. Can't wait to get it running and on the dragstrip again!

I'll try to post a little more when i get it running and tuned. For now, I'll just keep lurking.:rockon:

Steve

3. No Quarter

I'm running a similar set up. I'll let ya know how she runs sunday:D

My only worry is the turbo is now going to be too small for the combo.

4. Alex332

:bling:

5. BlownMystic1

No Quarter,
    So, how did it do at the track? Also, what did it make on the dyno with the t76? I assume you are still running the t56 six speed transmission?

Steve

6. No Quarter

They rained out the track. They had some water seeping up through the track and called the day. We were all really excited about it after the three hour drive to it.

I've got some IAC issues right now in conjunction with the new intake. I'll dyno when I get the baseline tune solved.