1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

New Here/Turbos Questions

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by 383LSX, Dec 27, 2010.

1. 383LSX

Howdy Ya'll!

I am new to this forum and the LSX engine series.

The buzz on the web says iron block LS engines are the desirable thing( L59 5.3L & LQ4/9 6.0L).

I am saving/planning to build a 10 second streetable car with A/C,PS,PDB,CD player,etc based on a 4th gen Camaro or similiar Ford coupe such as a Fairmont or T-Bird.

The PT-88 turbo is touted to be a big killer but would it be unstreetable on a 383 or 413 iron block stroker?

It is said that a Victor Jr or Super Victor single plane with an elbow makes a good EFI/FI intake is this true?

Are Pro-Comp LS1 or LS3 aluminum heads worth using?

Anyone using pump E-85 out there?

Thanks for time/ hard won knowledge.

2. Traction Issuez

3. 383LSX

Wow Forgery.

Quite the list of parts there. :cheers: :2thumbs:

I may be lookin' to buy my buddy's 2000 V-6 Camaro this Spring.

It would be nice to have a 383 LS stroker(3.902-3.905 bore & 4 inch crank) with a single turbo.

4. Traction Issuez

Do the $700 motor and turbo first. When you're tired of running 135 mph in the quarter, then go to a stroker, or a bigger turbo. That $6k worth of motor will bolt right on. V6 camaro is a winner. You'll want to go ahead and swap the rear. You can spend gajillions on a 12 bolt or 9"

5. Verz

I like the info in this thread, saved for later :D

6. trbo355

I think its a great idea starting with a cheap V6 car because your gonna throw away most of the stock LS stuff anyways including the stock K member. Tubular opens up so much room for a turbo build.