1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. bigwil

oka im sitting up my 1990 c1500 with a rear mount turbo set up hm built my biggest problem is how much boost can i run on my stock tbi and my stock emu and fuel put and wats the best turbo the use out of these two i have a hx35w and a ht3b wats the best route to go and help me with some answers towards wat i should buy and should do plzzz.. thanks william

2. kevin87turbot

You'll definitely need some additional injector capacity. The stock throttle body isn't going to get you where you need to be. If it were me, I'd bolt on an EFI Victor Jr intake and a 4 bbl throttle body of some sort, along with an aftermarket ECU. If you're on a budget, then a MegaSquirt is a popular option.

If you're really on a budget, then you might try the stock intake and throttle body with an alky injection system for the additional fuel. You might find somebody that is will to tackle the chip burning, but I'm not sure who to send you to. If a chip burner can get the ECU to fuel properly under boost in conjunction with an alky injection kit, you can control the timing with an MSD box.

3. mog-10

tbichips.com

4. bigwil

im really jst thinking about a blow throw carb like a bg or a csu bt people tell me they come to lean out the box im not wanting to run much boost 10psi i have a built 406sbc and i really jst wantnd to keep were it would still be a depenable ride i dnt like carbs cause of cold starts waiting for them to warm up and stuff jst really was wondering if i could jst put a rear mount and go with it but seems like theres alil mre to it...

5. rocko350

www.dynamicefi.com
    Built in datalogger, wideband input, and real time tuning. Even has options for adding a second set of tbi injectors.

Chris