1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Minimum Oil pan Capacity??

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by TrxR, Oct 28, 2006.

1. TrxR

What do you guys think would be the minimum recomended oil capacity for an oil pan for a 400 with a big single?? Also what do you guys think of using a dry sump system on the street?? The reason I ask is that my Dakota dont have alot of room inbetween the engine and crossmember and I might have to use a modified truck pan and am not sure if that would hold enough oil??

Thanks

2. TRNDZ

Use the truck pan, and a 3qt accusump.

3. Dart_388

A friend of mine has a bigblock in a dakota and I believe he just used a stock pan..Im not sure what one tho.

4. TRNDZ

I had the truck pan in mine, and its fine for driving/ heavy accelleration. The problems start to occur when you're at the drag strip, deccellerating hard from a pass, and your motor's at 6500 rpm and the oil press gauge is at zero. The engine will live through it, but your turbos won't. Ask me how I know. The accusump will save you money!

5. TrxR

Would adding some kick outs at the bottom of the pan for a little more capacity help any??