1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Another Turbo stang running....but...

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by HOUSEofBOOST, Jun 19, 2005.

1. HOUSEofBOOST

I just got my car running and it seems to run pretty good.

My check engine light comes on and off???

And right now my biggest concern is my wastegate. I have a single turbo and was trying to run just 5 lbs of boost but It goes above that. I have a MBC going to the top of the wastegate hooked up to a boost only port on the throttlebody(were the hose from the filler neck use to go) and a 5 lb spring in the wastegate. I also have it vented into the atmoshere and its in the crossover only and in a good location. The bottom of the wastgate is also hooked up to the same boost only port..

2. ITS A BLURR

congrats on getting it running!

(quote)
    "I have a MBC going to the top of the wastegate hooked up to a boost only port on the throttlebody"

wastegate to MBC to compressor. with the shortest hose possible. the response of the wastegate will be correct , accurate ,and quick in this configuration.

3. Unatural

I've been having the same thing with my CE light periodically since I got mine running. Mine usually comes on after driving it around for a little while and occasionally it will go off on it's own, but anytime I shut the car off it will go out. I've been too lazy to try to pull codes just yet, but if I do, I'll let you know what I come up with.:D

4. HOUSEofBOOST

Yea I mite have had the boost controller on wrong but I pulled it off and now it holds at 7-8psi.

20thANIV, let me know what you find out about the check engine light.

Well I know you guys will think I am stupid but about a year and a half ago when I did a little budget rebuild on my car I reused the stock torque to yeild head bolts and yesterday I think I blew a head gasket making some WOT pulls.
    :(

I am ordering some head studs today and replacing the head gaskets with some fel-pro's . I am also going to order a aluminum radiator as my car runs real hot with that damn 4cyl. rad.