1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

turbo suggestions

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by MagnumDak, Oct 28, 2018.

1. MagnumDak

Looking for some direction as I have been not really finding much on my own. My current turbo's are twin MGT2256S's and I am looking for something a little bigger. These have gotten me to around 500hp and 550torque at the crank, but the torque peaks really early and falls. They have hybrid turbos available, but they are over $3.5k and the torque still comes on too hard too early. Not trying to run much more boost 20psi I just want the torque to peak and hold a little further. These are close to being maxed, so something in the 400hp(x2) range internally gated is what I'm after. I'm expecting a little fab work on the manifold side as these are vband and small, even an elbow on the compressor cover for the discharge. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Link to current turbo: https://www.turbosbytm.com/mgt2256s

Engine is a 4.4l dohc v8
    revs to 6800

2. fastspec2

are you staying twin?
    If so a pair of s200's would sure seam like the no brainer to me.
    That said from your post I know next to nothing about what you are doing, what engine, ect ect.

3. tailites

basic set up?...& a little more info on engine etc & Bobs yer uncle