1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Hellion Kit Wastegate Recirculation Tube

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 92GreenGT, Feb 9, 2009.

1. 92GreenGT

For the guys running the hellion kit, can you tell me how far in your wastegate recirculation tube goes into the connection on the actual exhaust? Mine will barely go in and it comes out creating a huge exhaust leak. I'm using a TiAL wastegate instead of the turbonetics one but it shouldn't be any different size wise to make that pipe too short should it? If I push the exhaust over on the recirculation tube it makes it off where it bolts up to the second part of the downpipe. Just wondering if I should add a small piece of pipe to the recirculation tube or if something else is causing it to be off.

2. 93yelLE

did a search and found this post - bringing it back since I had this exact same problem today while installing new catback/mufflers. Once I get everything lined up and start tightening it all, the wg tube pops out of the hole in the downpipe, leading me to cuss under my breath. Thinking of capping the female portion and running the wg to atmosphere to get me by until I can build a new recirc tube. Btw, I'm using the evolution wg from the kit...

92G - What did you end up doing to resolve the issue?

3. 92GreenGT

I ended up beating the hell out of mine with a hammer to go on. It still leaks some though, going to get either a small V-band or something welded on to fix that problem. Will let you know what I find out, that's a bad design on their kit IMO. I don't like the sound of the vented gate or I would do that as well, I like my cars quiet. :)