1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo Sizing for Viper V10

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by Alikazam, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Alikazam

Ok,

So I'm asking several sources that are very Viper familiar, but I'm curious what you guys think? I'm doing a Gen 3 Viper V10 engine/build swap into my '72 dodge van with a 4L80E behind it. The goal is 1000whp capable. Trust me, my spreadsheet with pricing for everything is getting nuts on the dollar figures, but I figure now is the time to do this!

That being said, with 8.3L (505 cid), what Turbos would you recommend to flow sufficient for low boost drivability, decent spool, and sufficient potential for this project? I was thinking some T4 turbine turbos, in a 66-70mm range? A couple of 46mm waste gates to aid with low boost drivability. Dual 3" exhaust. The van will be 5 point roll bar set to be legal to 10.0, and have NO intention of going faster than that at the track, but should be able to put down a bit more on a dyno than that would take. The transmission is supposed to be 1200 hp capable, 2400 stall, still automatic with billet stator and shaft drive in the converter itself, building the 9" rear end with 35 spline axles, detroit locker, daytona hat, nodular case, 3.25:1 rear gears, back brace, custom traction bar setup (like a home brewed cal-tracs setup), and thinking about 12" wide slicks, or computer traction control 10 second capability. at 3850 lbs empty (approx, might be a little heavier with the roll bar in there eventually) I'm thinking 700 whp ought to be plenty for solid 10's. I'm hoping to get 15mpg on the freeway with this things too! Let me know what you guys think???

2. Gen1SVE

gtx55-91, as a single

7675 precision(s) for twins

3. castine917

4. Alikazam

I will put up a build thread soon... once we really get it going beyond parts ordering! :) Talked with precision turbo and ended up with twin 6766's with .96AR T4 tangential open turbine housings, and twin 66mm waste gates to hold LOW boost (i.e. most of the time on the street). Thinking of some remote mounted under the van air to water intercoolers with remote mounted with spal fan heat exchangers to give the viper more room up front (push radiator forward if necessary). Thanks for the input! :)

5. 440mark

You will have to do dog house mods.

6. Alikazam

Actually I won't :)