1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Jet Boat turbos showed up today...!!!

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by SNYPER, Jan 10, 2008.

1. SNYPER

Pair of borg warner S475's with T6 1.10 housings

Compressor Wheel Inducer - 75mm
    Compressor Wheel Exducer- 100mm
    Turbine Wheel Inducer - 96mm
    Turbine Wheel Exducer - 88mm
    Turbine Wheel Trim - 85
    Turbine Outlet -5 inch V-Band
    Turbine Inlet - T6

Marty will be doing the headers, wastegate dumps and down pipes soon at his shop. This will be a 509 or 540 BBC, not sure yet. Air to water IC, blow through C&S 900 cfm billet aerosol carb with the big bowls and dual needle and seats, pump gas set up. should make 1,000 on 12lbs. Cant wait for summer!!!

Picture 134.jpg #ad

Picture 135.jpg #ad

Picture 136.jpg #ad

Picture 137.jpg #ad

Picture 138.jpg #ad

Picture 139.jpg #ad

2. Dngrsmale

looks like your woman has a pair of bad ass hair dryers. its going 2 be a sick summer. just need to get the engine going now. some bad ass s#@t though. talk 2 you on saturday.

Jeston :2thumbs: :cheers:

3. turbojunkie50

Nice,real close to what i have,gonna be surprised how much power their gonna make.
    How big of an intercooler?If you want i'll post some pics of my cooler build.

4. SNYPER

Thanks Mike!! My turbine wheels are very close to your but I lack on the compressor side of what you have. :) I am blowthrough so my IC will be different than what you have but post the pics anyway, I would like to see them!! I am not sure exactly what IC I am going to buy yet.

Travis

5. Tims86-9.80

When we going to talk about a Carb?

6. SNYPER

Hey Tim!! I havent been on here forever! I actually bought a C&S that gordon had, 900cfm, big bowls, dual needle and seats, its at C&S right now waiting for my cam specs. Got my dart short block on order next week! Been a long winter for us and its just got nice enough to work on the boat. Thanks!

Travis

7. Gen1SVE

Before you bolt thoes turbos up and run them double check the turbine wheel diameters. From the pictures they look like the smaller wheels measuring 83mm for the inducer and 74mm for the exducer, not the 96mm inducer and the 88mm you have listed above. I know once you fire it up you will not be able to return them, but before you wont have any trouble exchanging or returning them. I just want to make sure you have what you think you have.

8. SNYPER

Thanks for the heads up! The s400SX series are the ones that have the 83mm/74mm turbine wheels in them and they are a T4 model as well, unlike my T6's.

Travis

9. Gen1SVE

There are two different turbine wheels for the s400's that are commonly used for gas engines. One of the s400 has the same turbine wheel dimentions as the s400sx, the 1.10A/R. Also 83mm/74mm s400 and the s400sx both are avalable with T6 turbine housings. I have both s400's the 96mm/88mm and the 83mm/74mm units. From the pictures you have the 83mm/74mm with a 1.10 A/R turbine housing. Have you measured the turbine wheels?