1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How is this turbo for my DD budget project?

Discussion in 'Turbo Sport Compact, 4-6 Cylinder and Import Turbo Tech' started by Ghost410, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Ghost410

So I'm playing with my daily driver to be a little more fun. Its a 98 Volvo V70R. I was thinking of using this turbo for it and not sure how it is for my goals.

Basics about the car:

2.3 liter, 5 cylinder, 6500rpm max, I plan to run about 18psi on pump gas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mast...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Do you think this turbine housing is too small for that size engine? I think stepping up to the .63 housing I'd have alot of trouble spooling it.

2. vader_turbo

Nice, my dad has a s60r and a v70t5, fun cars. I don't have an answer for you but subscribing.

3. BLACKMACH1

Don't make more than 250whp or you'll bend the rods.Or 17psi of boost

4. ColtGT4g63

a t3 exhaust housing will not bolt up to the volvo's factory manifold. You'll have to go after market if you want to run a garrett turbo.

5. Ghost410

The manifold is not an issue. They make one that works well, if not I can easily fab one up.

I'm more concerned that the small turbine housing may run out of steam by 6500 and have backpressure issues.

6. PrecisionTurboMustang

I had no problem spooling a .63 on my 2.0 sohc dodge neon. I would not hesitate to run the .63 on a 2.3l 5cyl. Hell, many of fords 2.3 liter 4cy turbo mustangs came factory equiped with .63 exhaust housings.