1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. Jimbo22

I have a 2008 Yahama Apex with a turbo on it. I couldn’t pass up the deal I got on it. A few small issues have been solved. I’m down to working on the turbo. Runs great but you can smell oil burning.I assume it’s the seals in the turbo. Had a shop pull it apart to put new seals in it. One of the wheels had some slight damage and needs replacing. The shop has no way of sourcing parts. Here is a picture of the the turbo. upload_2021-4-14_11-28-50.png #ad
    upload_2021-4-14_11-24-34.png #ad

2. Jimbo22

Can someone help me source parts for this?

3. Mnlx

It looks like an ebay special imported turbo. Probably better off replacing it rather than repairing it. Measure the wheels, and search gt25, gt2860rs, or gt2871 on ebay for a replacement.

4. Jimbo22

Measure the diameter of the wheels? Or are there other dimensional considerations?

5. Disney Lincoln

Yes, the inducer and exducer diameters of both the compressor and turbine.