1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need Mounting Ideas for PTE 3000 A2W

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Zero4488, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Zero4488

Trying to figure out where I can mount my intercooler in my 4th Gen Firebird. Pics are appreciated. Was trying to figure out how to keep it under the dash but it doesn't seem like it will fit. Any input is greatly appreciated...

2. stangman9897

Need more info on the car. Is it a street car a track only car ?

3. Zero4488

It will be driven on the street and I really want to keep the passenger seat...other than that it really doesn't fit under the dash like I thought it would...

4. stangman9897

Have to put it in the trunk then. If you don't want to lose the pass seat and it won't fit up front it's either the trunk or the rear seat behind the pass seat. Thats a lot of piping. what are the dems on it.

5. Zero4488

[​IMG]#ad

6. Turbohwagon

That's a huge bitch....

How close is it to fitting behind the dash? You could always cut the dash cram it in there as far as you can, but you might need a sticker that says "No passengers taller than 5'2" ."

7. Zero4488

It's not so much the dash that isn't letting it fit. The dash cross bar is the culprit. I'm going to attempt to clearance the bar and see if it can sit on the tunnel....but other that that I might have to put it on the floor in front of the passenger seat... :bang:

8. 10secgoal

How much hp? You can fit something MUUUUCH smaller in there if you wanted 1000-1500hp.