1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo + Nitrous or Meth or Torco Mix or a combination?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Baznasty Dave, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Baznasty Dave

I am going turbo with my car but i already have a full Nitrous kit on the car. Nitrous is going to stay on the car even if i cant use it in any way as i have a hole cut into my console for my Nitrous panel.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I am going to go with a AIS Meth kit
    http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems....r-Methanol-Injection-System/product_info.html

Recently i have been looking into Torco to raise my octane for high boost when i run it @ the track.
    http://torcoracefuel.net/pro-accelerator.html

My question is how would be the best way to get the most WHP out of my engine for the track? Im sure i will make way more WHP than i need for the street on just 93octane and boost alone. I want to know what i can do for track days to get the extra power.

Would it be best to just run boost on 93 octane + Meth?
    Could i run Torco Mix up to about 107 Octane + Nitrous?
    Nitrous + Meth on Torco?

I will have the AIS kit, i already have a full nitrous system with all the bells and whistles on a window switch. I will also be geting a W2MB box to build boost at the line and hold it between shifts so i dont know how i would be able to run Nitrous with the box since it will be trying to spray @ the line while i try to build boost. Nitrous system needs to be armed, WOT, and in the RPM window to spray.

I will only be running higher octane, Meth, or Nitrous at the track but i do not know what works best with what and what you cant mix like i heard Meth+Nitrous is a bad idea but im not sure.

Motor will be a forged modular MMR 4.75L 1000SE longblock W/ TF heads, Eddie lower, 6061 elbow, 76mm single turbo.

Just need a little help here on what i can or can not do for added power @ the track. Thanks, David

2. Baznasty Dave

Bump for info

As of right now i plan to get the following tunes.

Low boost 93 Octane tune (will use a N2MB to spool turbo @ the track and hold boost in between shifts)
    High boost 93 Octane+Meth tune (will use a N2MB to spool turbo @ the track and hold boost in between shifts)

This tune will be for the track only, 93 Octane + Torco to get about 107 Octane (or just C16 or race gas) and use the Nitrous with it, about a 50-100 shot. (107 Octane + Nitrous OR C16/race gas + Nitrous)
    I will not use the N2MB box with this tune bc the Nitrous would spray when i went WOT @ the line before greeen. Also the Nitrous will get me out of the hole and spool the turbo so i should not need the box on this tune.

Would this be the best way to go about it????????? :scratch: :hmm: :noidea:

3. Baznasty Dave

Bump for info

4. Forcefed86

IMO, Keep it as simple as possible. Don't mess with TORCO. If you can get 93 pump gas run 100% methanol in your injection kit, tune in the AFR and call it a day. Use the same tune for the street as you use for the track. No reason to have multiple tunes. It's twice the work. Keep timing low, dial in the boost amount U want, then add timing watching the plugs. Tuning the nitrous is the same with or without the turbo. I'd use a small of N20 set to turn off a little below the max boost plan on running.

5. Baznasty Dave

I have the SCT switch chip, I can swap tunes on the fly so multiple tunes does not worry me.

I heard Meth and Nitrous does not go well together, and I wouldn't be able to run much boost with spray on just 93 Octane.

I could just run 2 tunes, a torco mix with Nitrous high boost tune
    And a high boost meth tune, I could also run low boost w/ no meth on this tune as well.

I would only run the torco mix nitrous tune once a month or so when I go to the track, but just 2 tunes does not sound too bad.....

6. Forcefed86

You really don't give enough information. How much power do you want? Compression ratio? Cam specs etc....

You heard wrong, meth and nitrous go together very well IF you know what your doing. With enough meth injection you can run a ton of boost and spray. TORCO will get you in trouble. It's BS snake oil garbage IMHO. Buy some good race gas if you want to run 2 tunes. I'm just saying that for most peoples needs, meth and boost alone is plenty. Then use the N20 to help spool and shut it off letting the boost take over.

7. Baznasty Dave

Ehhh I think it would be best if i just got a pump gas + meth high boost tune and wait till E85 becomes more available to run the Nitrous. I could just run that tune in low boost with no Meth as well.