1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo newb, which charger for a built 331?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by slingshot, Mar 5, 2004.

1. slingshot

Decided to take the plunge. The seal went out on my Vortech, necessitating a rebuild by the factory. As I had planned on upgrading to a turbo next year anyway--just decided to go ahead and do it now!
    The project vehicle is my '93 coupe--already has a DSS-assembled 331 ci "Power Adder Longblock" (r-block, 4340 Eagle crank/rods, 9:1 Venolia forged pistons, mildly ported Canfield heads, AFM B-41 cam, etc), new Art Carr Comp roller C4 with brake, 9" 3800 stall billet cover converter, 3.73 rear, 31 spline axles, MM anti-roll bar, D&D tubular front suspension with coilovers, 8 pt cage, 6 pt harnesses, Recaro seats, etc... Car will be limited street driven, will run FFW True Street at a couple of events... and will be full weight with A/C, ps, etc. Gotta be fast and pleasant :D .
    Question is, which single turbo setup (heavily leaning towards PTK) is best for a street/strip terror? My mechanic recommends a T-67S with an adj boost controller (not sure which one) on the PTK street kit... Ideas?

2. T76

Sounds good to me. What kind of power you wanting to make?

3. slingshot

How much?

Minimum 550 rwhp on a safe street tune with unleaded premium pump gas and 600-650 (more?) rwhp on a more aggressive tune/race gas... Am I asking for too much?

4. slingshot

Oh... I do have 50 lb injectors and a 17105 Aeromotive fuel system (A-1000 pump, sumped tank, braided lines, billet rails) and billet pump controller.

5. irishboom

Dude im in love with your car, that shit sounds so nasty. My question to you is what are the cam specs if you dont mind me asking?