1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

turbo newb question/setup reccommendations

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by kingmoochr, Jun 6, 2006.

1. kingmoochr

ive got a recently built 306 with gt40 aluminum heads, cobra intake and a novi 1k. i bought the car because i want to begin a turbo project. much to my supprise and delight, the car is already making 454/440 with that supposedly dinky combination. there is some port work to the top end, and the novi puts out 8-9 at the top, but i wont know what was totally done until its apart. anyway id like to go with the turbo time kit as a replacement for the novi. i was thinking perhaps new head gaskets if the heads arent stud mounted would be in order, but theres not much else wrong with the car. right now its running an in tank pump, aeromotive fpr, 38#s, lmaf, and an sct tune, and ive got a snow stage 2 installed. just wondering if there is anything i should really take care of when doing the turbo. id like to keep the top end components and see what they do with the turbo, because they are obviously doing somehting right, just want to make sure i wont run into any problems with that setup that anyone is familiar with. also wondering if it is possible to run a blow through maf with the sct, cause i would like to run an atm bov if possible. if not, i can live with a recirc.

2. kingmoochr

no love for the new guy i guess

3. Mr. Dew

welcome.. and no there is never any love for the new guy here unless you have a new question. Which you don't - Use the BIG GREEN BUTTON... In case your color blind- THATS THE SEARCH BUTTON.. j/k really.. but seriously- search SCT, there are tons of threads on it.

4. Z06killr

Yeah FNG's get no love.... :'(

5. kingmoochr

ive done a number of searches, i want to know if there are any red flags with my combo or things that should be swapped along with the blower replacement (diff inj, gt40s are bad, etc etc) the sct questions was sort of an offshoot. ive been here since march, i didnt just pop on spontaneously to waste bandwith, ive done my fair share of lurking... :2thumbs:

6. PEARL MUSSIN

I would at least run 42's but 38 would work. Get a wideband to tune with! Also make sure you have a 255 in tank. Everything else looks fine.

Jeremy

7. kingmoochr

im getting plenty of fuel right now with the novi and the 38s, so i figured id at least give them a try and see how they do. ill replace them if need be. ive got a wbo2 sensor on the way, but it will be dynotuned with an sct chip, which it already is for the novi

8. chickendreamer

I'd say to stick with the 38's until you up your power past 550hp... then might as well got for some 60lb injectors or so and give yourself some head room to grow.