1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

turbo mounting question

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by jim wingo, Jun 13, 2007.

1. jim wingo

just getting started on a turbo project, i see where they have t3, t4, and t3/t4
    what does it mean-i assume sizing, but the t3/t4 throws me off-is it a turbo with a diff mounting
    the manifolds i have have a turbo mounting, c/c bolts, of 3 3/8" x 1 3/4", and wastegate meas og 2 13/16" c/c
    thanks-unless it has a belt i am stupid-lol

2. TTFiveOhRanger

Yeah what he said :2thumbs:.. The t3/t4 hybrids typically have a t3 turbine side(hotside) flanges etc. The center section is usually t3 I think is only thing to add? then the t4 part he was talking about is a larger compressor wheel and housing addapted to fit the t3 center section. There could be other variables to t3/t4 hybrids.. but thats what they originally were. Just adding a few details?

Theres many variations of these turbo "bases" t3, t4, t3/t4,etc are more like "families" of turbos.. many different configurations,flow,AR ratios, etc. ;)