1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo mounting distance after the merge?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by blkscls1z, Jan 6, 2011.

1. blkscls1z

I have begun my setup on my Trailblazer SS and wanted to get some feedback on what I am currently planning on doing. Here is a picture of the current merge that I have tacked up.

The straight piece after the merge exits on the drivers side on the far side of the crank pulley. You can barley see it in the below picture. There is plently of room to mount the turbo on the passenger side and the downpipe only has room to exit on the passenger side. So, with the optimal mounting point on the passenger side, I will have to route the piping across the engine from the drivers side to mount the turbo there. Are there any donwnsides to what I am planning on doing? Any issues with the merge? The turbo I will be using is a Turbonetics HP-78.