1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

need help with a twin 57 mm throttle body

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by feets, Sep 3, 2004.

1. feets

I'm using a throttle body off an 01 Cobra on my project. I need a hose that will fit over the end of the throttle body but will reduce to 3" or 3-1/2" if at all possible.

That would make my life SO much easier.
    I found a straight coupling that fits beautifully but I don't want to create my own reduction elbow out of a mandrel bend. That would be a MAJOR PITA.

Any suggestions?

BTW... the perimeter of the TB is 14 inches. That means the ID of the hose needs to be about 4-1/2 inches or 115 mm.

2. tom351

3. feets

Unfortunately, the hoses they list are too small. I have a 4" to 3" transition now and ther's no way it'll stretch. The difference in circumference is 1-1/2 inches. That's not gonna happen. :(