1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

turbo modulars emission inspection????

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by gtmustang98, Sep 4, 2004.

1. gtmustang98

How do you guys with turbo modulars get inspected? Please help!!!

2. ronlp

Every state and sometimes even county is different. It would help to know where you are and what is done to your car. ;)

3. gtmustang98

Sorry bout that. I have moved from TX where I was stationed and my inspection has run out. I am from NC where I will be for about 3 weeks after I leave EGYPT next week. The car is already in NC. I will be stationed in Maryland just north of D.C. for about 2 years. I have all the following mods on the car now, also have a turbolocity kit I just bought and will be installing in a few months. Thanks, james

'01 headswap, FRPP shorty headers, FRPP 3.73's, FRPP 70mm throttle body, Pro-M 87mm Mass-air, Lakewood 70/30's and 50/50's, Steeda subs, Steeda upper and lower control arms and FRPP aluminum driveshaft, Steeda pulleys, Steeda timing adjuster (at 12 degrees), Mac o/r h-pipe, Flowmaster Catback, Mac white- face gauges, Steeda tri-ax, Eibach pro-kit, chrome Cobra "R" 18's with 265-35-18's ............1/4 mile : slow, very slow.

Dyno 11 Jan 03 @ Speedworks in Lewisville
    260rwhp and 302rwtq

4. ronlp

I'm sure there are folks from NC on here that will chime in, but this is what caught my attention:

Do you actually have it? If not you may want to do a little search on here for recent threads/developments on that particular company (or the company that was). Yikes, dude. For your sake, I hope you already have it. :(

5. gtmustang98

yes I have it at home. I bought it used and I am just hoping that everything is there and it works well. I bought it from a guy on corral or modular depot, I cant really remember now but I am hoping that is complete and in working condition. I am in Egypt and have been for a year but he delivered it to my wife a couple months ago. He did send all the pics but not ever dealing with turbos before I really dont know if that is everything or what kind of shape it is in. Anyway, I am going to try and install it myself if I can. Especially since it has already been on a car before.

6. gtmustang98

what is your email I will send and invitation to view my yahoo photos, maybe you could look at them and tell me what you think. The only thing I was worried about was on the turbo itself. The impeller bolt in the middle is ground off on one side and I dont know why. Is that normal so that people dont try to take them apart? I dont have a close up of that but maybe you have heard of it before. Thanks, James

7. ronlp

I think it's for balancing? Either way, don't sweat it. Most or all of their kits used Precision turbos and they are all like that. Mine is. There are a few guys here running their modular kits that should be able to help you with the install, if needed.

Btw, email is
    This content is protected